SETUP QUESTION

Jason Smallwood devil505 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 20 00:43:35 PDT 2001

Greetings,
Well I have been lurking around and asking a few newbie questions, but now I really need some help.

I am looking to setup a firewall at my home.  I have a potential for 5 - 6 systems that I could connect at any given time.  I have an older Pentium 133 with 24 or 48 megs of ram, and a 3 gig HD (I think, I haven't had the system running in quite some time), only issue I have with it is that the CD drive is SCSI.  I do also have an AMD 333 with 56 megs RAM and 4 gig HD.  What I would like to do is setup a dedicated Firewall, with hub and allow for my other system to connect, I would also need to be able to allow a MS system to be able to access net via the firewall.  I have copies of Red Hat 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0, and could download (I have Road Runner) any other if you folks feel that another distro may better suite my need.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Aloha,
Jason