redhat 7.1 choosing timezones interface

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Sep 14 01:33:53 PDT 2001

I suggest starting with the source code of Red Hat's installer interface
itself.  Their installer is called Anaconda, and it is written in the Python
language.  It is fully open source under the GNU GPL license, so you are
free to study it and even use the code in your own project as long as you
abide by the rules of the GPL.

Quickly looking at the Red Hat packages, they have two "anaconda" and
"anaconda-runtime".  I suspect that you may need these, along with all
python packages installed.  Because Python is an interpreted langauge like
perl, the actual code itself of the installer would be in within
"anaconda-runtime", the package used to build Red Hat installation CD's.

You might also look for accompanying "src.rpm" source RPM packages for
"anaconda" and "anaconda-runtime" that may have additional information that
may be useful.

Charles seems knowledgable about Python, so he may have some additional
insight about this.