Need additional assistance for ITEC

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Sep 12 02:54:40 PDT 2001

These next several days will be very hectic for me. I need to complete over
a week's worth of school work in order to skip school for two days at ITEC.
In addition to this, I must prepare the Linux thin client & samba PDC server
with Ho'ala Greevy, and write handouts targetting business, showing the
benefits of Linux in the workplace.

Um... HELP!!!
I need help in these three areas:

1. Help me gather information or write these handouts.  Specifically I need
URL's of case studies and other online resources as concrete examples of
Linux being beneficial to business.  I hope to use these points in the
handout in addition to a basic list of Linux server software and their
benefits in cost, maintenance and security over proprietary solutions.
(Please forward me the URL's Dusty and Sandy were talking about in the
meeting today.)

2. Sandy took care of the booth fees, while I planned on taking care of the
group banner, CD and handout duplication.  The price turned out to be well
above what I expected at around $150.  I had originally intended to use $50
out of pocket, along with Mark Hines $50.  I'm willing to front more for
these important resources, but I would really appreciate it if others could
help me with this cost.

3. Linux distribution CD duplication.... HELP!!!  Mandrake 8.0 or perhaps
Mandrake 8.1 beta3 will be needed.  (Also several Red Hat and other
distributions cannot hurt.)  Anything you can burn, label and put into a
paper sleeve would help.

zzzzzz.....
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com