connecting to a LAN

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Sep 11 01:33:11 PDT 2001

Do you know about ping?  Try reading about it in "man ping".

You can see the current IP address of your Linux machines with "ifconfig".
If you need to configure that you can change the settings in "setup" or
"linuxconf".  Linuxconf wont be installed by default in Red Hat, so you'll
need to install them from RPM packages.  They are on disc 2.

Are you also talking about file transfers and printer sharing between the
Linux and Windows machines?  Do you want to make the Linux machine into a
Windows file server?  What do you plan on doing with Linux on this network?