Stock Market...

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Sat Sep 8 16:39:19 PDT 2001

One of the biggest problems with Linux is its "lack of stability".  Not
about functional stability but version stability, something unavoidable for a
product that evolves at such a lightening speed.

However, as Linus stated a few weeks ago, there is not much that need be done
on the 2.4 kernel, meaning that the Linux kernel is finally stabilized.  Now
with the improved SMP, journaling FS, USB, and DRI firmly in place, I think
business owners can finally feel comfortable about Linux.  The end of the 2.4
kernel signals the beginning of a new era for Linux.  However, to entice
business owners to adapt Linux, we need have locally successful examples,
I.e., can we convert a local bank or a law/accounting/doctor's office into
Linux?

All it takes is one successful example!