Restricting access

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Sep 8 00:52:36 PDT 2001

FAT32 has no access controls, so I think the only way you can restrict
access is by making the mount point owned by some group and no user.

Create a group for the users who will need access to the FAT32 partition.
chown root.groupname /mnt/mountpoint
chmod 770 /mnt/mountpoint
Then add that as a supplemental group to the users.

However, I'm not entirely sure if this will work.  Please let me know if it
works.  If it does not, this may require the Linux kernel ext2 or XFS ACL's
patch and tools.