Remote computer access

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Sep 6 21:33:38 PDT 2001

Is there any real firewall protecting the computer on the UH network that
may be blocking port 22?

Any Linux distribution makes it brain-dead easy to setup OpenSSH server:
Just simply install the packages.  The minimum required packages for both
Red Hat and Mandrake are openssh and openssh-server and all of their
dependencies - use urpmi so it will automatically install all dependencies.

Then manual start
"service sshd start"

or to set automatic start
"chkconfig -add sshd"