keeping some pcs off the net

Julio C. Gutierrez gutierrej001 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 6 15:53:09 PDT 2001

On Thursday 06 September 2001 11:18, you wrote:
> SUBNETS?!?!?!?!  WTF!!!!! Just add a firewall rule!!!!  Something like this
> should work:
>
> #iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp,udp,icmp -s <IP.you.want.blocked> REJECT
>
> And you are done.  I am sure there are several switches you could add to
> make it tighter (like -f to catch fragments) but this is internal to your
> house right?
yeah I'll use this @ home .... BTW I'm using Mandrake 8.0 and I'm also using
the internet connections sharing ,
could this also be done if I got rid of mandrake & loaded some kinda BSD or
even solaris on my pc?
I need a full BSD system @ home for school related use but I don't wanna
reformat my RH box, or could I load BSD on a P75 64MB RAM 514 MB HDD?
anyway if I decided to keep mandrake, where should I add this rule to?

TIA

Julio
--
OS X: Because making UNIX user friendly was easier than debugging Window$.