OSS vs CSS clarification from the source!

Ronald Willis ronal at aloha.com
Sat Sep 1 09:19:59 PDT 2001

For those of you who didnt attend the meeting and missed Sandi's very
detailed an complete meeting minutes see below. If someone is still
confused, please contact me directly. I attempted to correct the original
posting that created the confusion on the 17th of August, in an email.

If in fact there is another event simular to the one in question, I couldnt
find it on their website.

This event is only for an hour, nothing compared to the attention to detail
needed for the booth prep.

------------------- First from Sandi; --------------------

[luau] Planning for ITEC   Thu 8/23/2001 6:46 PM

Panel Participants
Derrick
Deven Phillips

Backup for Panel Participation
Warren Togami

Ron Willis is coordinating the panel and is looking for good open Vs closed
source questions.  The questions will be given to the panel participants
ahead of time, so they can prepare.  There will also be a question and
answer session with questions from the audience.  We need people in the
audience and could use a few more panel participants.  If you are interested
please let the list know.

--- A few corrections needed but the point is clear ------

As advertised as of August 31 from the Goitec website;

SEMINAR DETAILS
Keynote Theater A  "Open Source vs Closed Source Debate"
Presented By: 2 Panelists from each side
Moderated by a Top Level Unbiased Person

9/20/2001
12:00pm - 1:00pm

This Debate forum will provide an informational look into the pro's and
con's of both Open Source software technology and Closed/Shared Source
software technology. This forum will help break down barriers that limit the
use of OSS and CSS in business. Members of the panel will be advocates of
both software platforms that are capable of fielding live inquiries from an
unbiased moderator in a specified time period.

Sponsored by Linux User's Group