Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: cya)

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Oct 26 11:21:30 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Green" <aloha_moon at yahoo.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 5:57 AM
Subject: [luau] Re: cya

> I'm not leaving the list, but while we're on the subjects of
> potential improvements... I'm suprised how many people on this list
> (who should know better) are prone to quoting 80 lines of previous
> post just to add a one-line response. Aside from wasting a lot of
> bandwidth (which is mostly just form versus need these days) it makes
> it awfully hard to distinguish what actually was added to the thread.
>
> Aloha,
>
> Rob

Yes!  I was going to make a stink about this earlier, but I figured most of
you wouldn't appreciate an e-mail etiquette Nazi.  Folks, please snip down
the quoted part of messages that you are replying.  It makes it a LOT easier
for people to read the list.

A few tips for Pine Users
pico (default) editor - CTRL-K to delete the current line.
joe editor - CTRL-Y to delete the current line
vim editor - dd when in command mode

If you use a GUI MUA, you have no excuse!