Someone here must be qualified...

Epsas Nova epsas at inflicted.net
Thu Oct 25 15:35:53 PDT 2001

True,

In San Francisco, the consultants made much more than salaried employees - I was making a shave under 6-figures, and there were at least 10 other people in my office who were making 110K+.  This however, was during the Dot.Com boom.  I heard rumours about some companies who paid their SysAdmins 150K+, but yes - those guys were on call 24/7 and had little life outside of teh server room.  Not for me.

As far as staying on the island as a Unix person.  Yes, it hurts not having a security clearance - as ALL of the Unix positions in the last couple of months have been with the military, requiring Top-Secret/Secret clearances.  I can't help but hope, however, for another means of income, outside of the military.

peas,
charles