Eric Hattemer hattenator at usa.net
Wed Oct 24 16:10:13 PDT 2001

Make sure at the prompt you're using
linux text
That'll get rid of a lot of the graphical overhead, and I'm pretty sure
that's all it requires high ram for.  Also, if it has trouble detecting how
much ram you have, there's a kernel command called something like mem= or
something.  It's in that startup screen (hit F1, F2, etc.).  You might be
able to tell it you have more ram than you do, but I wouldn't suggest that.
I think the text install doesn't care how much ram you have, but it doesn't
have support for making raid arrays for some reason.  (You can make them
using raidtab, but not with disk druid).  Give that a try.

-Eric Hattemer