Laptop recommendations?

Epsas Nova epsas at inflicted.net
Wed Oct 17 11:40:56 PDT 2001

Well, the differences in performance and features among different brands of laptops are negligible.  The most important thing for a laptop is endurance, imho.  IBM has always made the best high-end laptops - stay away from Sony and Toshiba (unless you want to get a high-end tecra).  If you are adventurous, you can always go for the Mac iBook or TiBook.  They run Java nice with OSX, and the Project Builder IDE is rather nice forcreating pure Java apps.

But, for x86 - I reccomend IBM ThinkPads.  Even the low-end ones are nice.