IPCHAINS Help

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Oct 16 23:55:56 PDT 2001

Dusty, Brian and Warren,
	Thanks for your help.  The answer to Warren's question is that I am
seeing a few more port scans on port 53 from the far flung regions of the
world than I want to see.  These appear to be coming from places like
Kazakhstan, Beijing, Chekoslovakia etc.   Not places where a note to a
sysadmin is likely to have too much effect.  So far, my firewall and
portsentry have done well, but I thought I'd try and tighten things down
a bit just in case.  I didn't want to "break" anything that already works
in the process though, so I came to the best answer place I could find,
and you guys helped tremendously.
	Right now, I just want to tighten up my box a bit, but these questions
are going to help me with my router in the near future, so hopefully my
home LAN that I am building stay just that -- mine ;-))
	I'll tinker around a bit over the next few days and let you guys know
how it worked out.

Thanks again,
Ben