Business and Government Wins for Linux

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Oct 12 02:16:30 PDT 2001

Linux Hits Home with Adoption by Finland's Sonera
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011011/tc/tech_linux_sonera_dc_2.html

-------

Navy to Test the Water With Open-Source Software
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-10-11-004-20-PR

"After an initial review, we found significant interest in the use of
open-source software, particularly Linux, within some of our departments,"
said NAVOCEANO chief information officer, John Lever. "The Linux systems we
have in place perform very well. Through the CRADA, we will have the
opportunity to review our current utilization of open-source applications
and see if it's prudent to implement similar solutions in other areas."