3rd party apps which secure MS Windows - such a thing?

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Oct 8 22:10:39 PDT 2001

Since we are talking about a laptop, what type of security are you most
concerned with? Intrusion or local users tampering with the computer?

There are some third party products that will provide some security against
tampering. However, as long as you have a FAT filesystem and the Win9x OS
you won't be very secure.  There was a shareware utility that I tried once
called "Robert's Shutdown", it might still be around (use at your own risk).
If you use it together with the policy editor, you could restrict many of
the unsecure features of Win9x. There was a guide on the web for how to do
this.

Hope that helps,
Nelson