We'll fork the Web to keep it Free - Perens

Brian Russo brusso at phys.hawaii.edu
Sun Oct 7 05:03:51 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 05:53:18PM -0700, Dusty wrote:
> And people say I'm extreme!!!!!  Fork the web!!!!
>
> Free software developers are ready and willing to take up the challenge of creating open web standards, if the W3C implements royalty-bearing licenses.

This effort is already underway, and nearing presentable work.

drop by #www-ng on openprojects some time.

If you want more information and don't IRC, email me privately.

--
Unix Staff, High Energy Physics Group   <brusso at phys.hawaii.edu>
Debian/GNU Linux! http://www.debian.org <wolfie at debian.org>