GPG/PGP key signing anyone?

John & Sheila Nickerson johnnick at pixi.com
Wed Oct 3 21:23:56 PDT 2001

Well, no, actually it isn't impossible.  It  *may* be inadvisable but not
impossible.

Import a key from a keyserver.

Do whatever you think is appropriate to determine the key belongs to whomever
you believe it should belong to.  Call them on the phone & get the
fingerprint or whatever.

Sign the key with your private key.

Export the signed key to the keyserver.

Now you have signed a key  over the net.

On Tuesday 02 October 2001 10:32 am, Epasas Nova wrote:
 It is impossible to do a key signing over the net.

 On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:01:32PM -1000, John & Sheila Nickerson wrote:
 > Sure, sounds good.  guess I'd have to generate a key first tho ....
 >
 > Do we have to meet to sign.  My reading of the man page makes it look like
 > we could do it over the net.
 >
 > John
 >
 > On Monday 01 October 2001 03:01 am, you wrote:
 >  Anyone interested in keysigning?
 >  If there were lots of people interested..
 >  Something formal perhaps?
 >
 > --
 > The Nickersons, Kailua, Hawaii
 >
 > http://www.pixi.com/~johnnick/homepage.html