Accessing Win98 partition

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Oct 1 23:36:13 PDT 2001

Can you read files on the fat32 partition?
What does "mount" display?
"cat /proc/mounts"?

This probably isn't related to a possible fix, but why do you need to make a
group when you give the mountpoint 777?  777 means any user can read or
write to that drive.  If you want to lock it down for a certain groups only:

chmod 770 /mnt/mountpoint
chown root.msdos /mnt/mountpoint