Kernel configuration question

Brian Russo brusso at phys.hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 1 01:08:36 PDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 04:15:15PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> [...]

Shouldn't need these 3.
Although they're not bad to have around.

In addition to gcc, you need make (you already seem to have that),
binutils, modutils (probably), and you may still need bin86, not
sure about that though.

> ncurses
> ncurses-devel

These are only needed if you use the 'menuconfig' target, as it's
ncurses-based, xconfig would need tcl/tk, 'config' doesn't need
anything exceptional iirc.

> > How do I fix it so that both xconfig and menuconfig work?

see above.

Just be sure to have a spare kernel lying around.. in case yours
doesn't boot.

--
Unix Staff, High Energy Physics Group   <brusso at phys.hawaii.edu>
Debian/GNU Linux! http://www.debian.org <wolfie at debian.org>