Apache help for "public_html" folder option

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Tue Nov 20 14:48:12 PST 2001

Hiya!

This may sound lame so sorry if I'm using to low a denominator on ya
B..what are your perms ont ~chee as well as your public_html?

I've completely opened up my pulic_html directory before without success,
I got it to work by giving 'other' read access to my ~sharky home
directory. That may be over open for folks if they have other people on
their box.

I never looked further than that to fine tune the permissions. If anyone
has a good rule of thumb that works and keeps individual user privacy (to
a certain extent) I'd love to be 'enlightened'.

Aloha,
	Sharky