load balancing question

Ronnie T Livingston rlivings at hawaii.edu
Tue Nov 20 12:19:08 PST 2001

Im hoping to use Apache and Tomcat to balance jsp/servlet web
applications.   What my boss would eventually like is to have cluster of
linux machines working together to balance load for more than one
application at the same time.   She mentioned that this is being done at
the moment on a remote unix machine, we would like something more in
house.   Although we only have 3 machines at the moment =), i figured it
would be a good start.  Right now one machine is acting as the firewall
(and hopefully the load distributer? in the near future).  The other 2
machines are connected to the firewall and only have Local IP addresses

-Ronnie