Linux certification

Brian Farnell bfarnell at gte.net
Thu Nov 15 06:10:33 PST 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 09:06, Stockton , Wade wrote:

    Is anybody certified? I just found out about the LPI certification
    http://www.lpi.org it looks interesting.  Looks like a competing
    program to RedHat. If you are certified has it actually provided
    value for you?

    Thanks
    Wade

I looked at this briefly with interest till I saw the study guides they
have at Borders, there is one two volume guide and an O'Reilly one
volume guide, as a relative newbie I found it appallingly easy.  Maybe
the higher level ones have some merit, these two certainly didn't.  Even
questions about SED which I know nothing about I was able to get most of
the time, though that may be my Perl coming out.  I am certainly
interested in some kind of certification that isn't going to cost me 5k
plus a roundtrip ticket to the mainland, if you find anything good,
please report back.
Regards,
Brian