lyx

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 22:41:21 PST 2001

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 08:04 pm, you wrote:
> Rodney,
>
> Well, umm... What is the problem???
>
> :)

Just wanted to check if anyone uses Lyx first...k here's my problem..
I am writing a paper using the report layout. I have inserted a figure float
and within the float I hve my figure. I have specified the figure to be a
float ( layout -> paragraph -> extra -> floatflt ) This is supposed to allow
text to be on the side of the figure. This works if the text which follows
this uses the standard class. I need to use the description class. When I put
a text using the description class after the figure float , either the figure
disappears (still shows in a table of figures) and is nowhere in the paper,
or text flows over the figure. Do you know of anyway I can get description
text to work with figure floats like standard text?

Rodney