[luau]Request for off line security help

Chris M. Rafael thecomputerguy at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 20:10:06 PST 2001

Ok, sorry to be so vague, but due to legal
issues between Akamai and Digital Island
I can't be too specific on how this all
works.  What I can tell you is this.

We have over 2000 servers set up in clusters
around the world.  We cache our customers content
on these servers, however we do not store all our
customers content on all the servers.

When a request is made for content, (streaming, data,
what ever our customers have us host) our intelligent network
looks where the request is coming from, how many other people
are requesting the same info, which content servers data should
be pushed out to, etc....

This puts our customers content closer to the individual
and stores it.  Along with all this, networks are being
mapped to find the shortest path to the person requesting
the information.  This technology is what we call our
"footprint" technology.

We have lots of customer that range from news and media
organizations, tech companies, entertainment and financial
institutions.

Yes, we do deliver content globally faster than anyone
else.  Our closest competitors are Akamai, and Exodus.
Cable and Wireless just bought us up, which has given us
access to our own global networking, we no longer have to
rely on leased lines from other national and international
telecoms.

I can't get into any more detail about how it all works, it
is very proprietary.  If you don't accept this as a good
answer, all I can say is "oh well".

BTW, we are hiring now for an associates UNIX position
here in HI, and other UNIX positions world wide.
You can go to our site www.digisle.com for  more
info.