HELP NEEDED SATURDAY: Installing Terminal Server

warren at togami.com warren at togami.com
Thu Nov 1 16:30:04 PST 2001

Finally after waiting for months for approval and getting the room
modified, we are finally ready to install the Linux thin client lab at
Mid-Pacific Institute campus.  We will need to carry up machines to the
lab space, make CAT5 cable, copy a hard drive image to each client
machine, plug everything together and test software configuration.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!  Please come down to help us put this together, or you
can simply watch and learn stuff about Linux, hardware, and networking.
We need people that can make CAT5 cable and teach us how.  We need to
figure out a simple way to copy these hard drive images to a new machine
over a network (probably NFS?).  It would also be nice if someone who
understands Japanese, Chinese, or Korean could figure out the CJK input
systems of Red Hat 7.2.

FREE FOOD!  We'll have pizza and soda for whoever comes to help.

Please e-mail me to let me know that you are coming.

Thanks!
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com