spq

Lou Rickard lou_rickard at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 18:37:19 PST 2001

Couple of questions, actually.

Is there an archive of this list?  Something that I
could search through to see if someone else has
already asked my question?

In regards to copy_from_user and copy_to_user, can
these be DMA transfers from a device to userspace?
I'm looking at some code that is supposed to be for a
device driver that supposedly uses or allows access to
DMA data transfers from the device to core memory, but
the calls used in the driver code are copy_from_user
and copy_to_user, which I thought (hopefully
incorrectly) were directed via the uP.

Thanks,

Lou