Mandrake install freezes before install program loads

bfarnell at gte.net bfarnell at gte.net
Wed May 30 02:18:50 PDT 2001

I had the same problem with the last version of Mandrake.  I had 7.1
installed fine, but my computer locked during the install of 7.2.  I
submitted a bug report to Mandrake and one other person had the same
problem.  I have installed two versions of Debian, two versions of
redhat, turbo linux and Caldera without problems on the same computer.
They got back to me a couple of times asking me to try looking at
messages on other tty's and a few other things, but the system is just
locked, I xouldn't givew them anything and then they dropped it.  I am
glad you told me.  I like Mandrake and was thinking about trying the new
one.  All I can say is go to the site and submit a bug report.  Maybe if
they get enough they will fix it.  I don't blame them for dropping it.
Evidently it's not common and they can't replicate it on their systems
so there isn't much they can do.

Brian