Eject CDROM question

Eric Hattemer hattenator at usa.net
Wed May 23 19:20:24 PDT 2001

That's kind of scary that the button doesn't work.  Does it work when it's
booting up (like just after the bios screen before linux has a chance to
lock it)?  If not, it's probably just a problem with the eject mechanism.
Otherwise Linux must think something is locking te drive.  When you umont it
try typing mount and make sure there's no mention of hda, cdrom, or anything
like that.  If you have ide-scsi running or something, your computer might
actually think sr_ or sg_ is your CD drive.  You might have trouble if
you're using some kind of experimental kernel.  Try a different one.
Otherwise, I'm lost.  Sorry.
-Eric Hattemer