IP changeover

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Wed May 23 13:46:24 PDT 2001

Julio,

	A. With a properly configured NAT firewall, oceanic cannot see your
internal network.

	B. Yes, it is legal for them to port scan you.

	C. It is illegal for them to try to access any of your computers
without your permission, but only if you make them aware that they do
not have permission (i.e. warning banners everywhere).

	D. You can do all of this with Linux, and probably more reliably than
with W2K.
		D.1. If you would like some help, let me know.

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Information Security Officer
Viata Online, Inc.