mounting FAT file system

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Tue May 22 17:19:34 PDT 2001

I'll assume that your windoze partition (called a vfat partition) is the
first partition on your first hard drive, which would make it hda1.
I'll also assume that you've created a directory under /usr/local called
windoze, or /usr/local/windoze that you will mount the partition on.

You might then use something like:

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /usr/local/windoze

that should do the trick.  Then you'll want to make an entry in your
/etc/fstab file to make it all happen automatically.

-Jeff Mings