what is lupa?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat May 19 22:56:10 PDT 2001

NMAP calls it "lupa" because that's one possible service that runs on that
port.  I haven't heard of lupa, but I'm willing to bet it is something else.

http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/oddports.htm
This list says that the "Kaos" trojan runs on port 1212.  Although you are
probably relatively safe due to the firewall, you should probably check it
out with a virus scanner.