Last Night's meeting

Steve steve at iwsys.com
Fri May 18 18:10:28 PDT 2001

Out of curiosity, what "good rep" does LUAU have??  I have heard from MANY
people that they went the wrong place for a meeting because the web site is
not updated.  People still ask about getting on road runner because there
is some very old info on the web page about it.  No one cared enough about
the group to step up and organize meetings.  People continually bitched
when anyone was trying to make meetings happen.  Very little *nix was
happening on or off the list.

Warren and Deven were mature enough to realize their differences in what
they wanted in a group and start two groups with two directions.  They are
having meetings and trying to accomplish their respective goals.  They are
also supporting this list - the "all Hawaii LUG's" list.  You (Zachary)
have provided little if anything positive on this list and nothing in
person in the 3 years I've been around LUAU.  Just because you have been on
a mailing list for 5 or 6 years give you no place to harass people.

Deven had to stick his tail between his legs when he got to work today
because some people were not respective of his employer's spaces.  Be happy
he was kind enough to state the real reason the meetings can't be held
there any more.  That could easily have cost him his job.  It doesn't
matter wether the group of people who were negligent were named LUAU, ALOHA
or anything else.

It also is better for everyone if all of the Hawaii open source enthusiasts
are on a single mailing list.  The more minds using it the better.  For the
experience and the novice this is a good thing.