SNORT install question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu May 17 01:22:57 PDT 2001

Aloha all,

	I installed snort 1.7 and downloaded the latest snort rules from
snort.org.  I've been surfing all over the snort web site and have yet to
figure out where the new rules go when you install them.  I noticed that there
are rules in the /etc/snort directory with names like backdoor-lib and also
that there are rules in the newly downloaded rules file with names like
backdoor-rules.

	So if I downloaded the new rules, how do I install them to the
directory that snort expects to find them?  Also, do I need to preprocess them
beyond placing my ip address in the right variable and uncommenting the
services I desire in the snort.conf file?

Thanks in advance,

Ben