Hardware Recommendations for LTSP

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Tue May 8 13:01:02 PDT 2001

Warren,

	Take a look at the Kingston 32-Port managed switches for about $650.
They work great for us at Viata, and they have the capability for the
later addition of fiber or matrix-stacking.

	As for the tape drive, we use VXA-1 tape drives from Ecrix from
ecrix.com. They are fully supported on Linux, and they are quite fast
for the price. 66GB, with hardware compression. Drive run about $900
each.

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Network Architect
Viata Online, Inc.