routers

Robert Buecker rbuecker at darkscape.net
Sun Mar 25 21:18:21 PST 2001

Kevin,

Well you will be able to forward port 113 to one system for IRC.  I wrote to
linksys awhile back telling them that they'd sell a lot more of those crappy
things if they implemented masquerading auth connections.  After about two
weeks I guess they gave up.

As far as security, whatever port you don't have set to forward anywhere will
go to the DMZ host.  If you dont have a DMZ host set up, then it goes
nowhere.  There is a limit to like 10 or so port forwards. As far as the
only "sneaky security" feature, you can set it to not reply to icmp type 8 (so
no one can ping you), but that's about it.   We'll see what future firmware
releases have in store.

-- Robert