Home Network Problem

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 11:45:15 PST 2001

Cyberclops,

	This one I do know.... (Finally, I know one...)

Type 'ps ax | grep named'  at a shell prompt.  If it is running, you'l  see an
entry return that looks something like this one that asks for the process for
httpd (typed ps ax | grep httpd  instead of ps ax | grep named):

 1375 ?        S      0:00 httpd

To stop the named process, don't just kill it, use the init scripts. At a
'root' shell type '/etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop' or you could use this

su -c ' /etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop'  (yes, you need the quotes because of
the way the shell expands the command.  You want to include the argument 'stop'
in the command that gets sent to the named script in /init.d...) Then type the
root password at the prompt.

Good luck,

Ben