HP PAVILION SETUP - *Ray Strode, Read This*

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 11 22:15:27 PST 2001

http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html
"RealTek RTL8129/8139 driver. Supports various low-end private-label boards,
including the SMC-1211 and Accton EN1207D-TX"

This is directly supported by newer versions of the Linux kernel.  The
kernel of Redhat Fisher Beta should have the "8139too.o" kernel module that
will work with this card.  If I recall correctly Ray Strode uses this type
of ethernet cards, so he may have more knowledge about this.

Jason, you can try to configure this under Linuxconf in the following menus.
Config > Networking > Client tasks > Basic host information
Fill in all the correct information for Adapter 1
For "Net device" type "eth0"
For "Kernel module" type "8139too"

Be sure to also be sure your DNS servers and gateway addresses are correct.

Then restart networking with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

Ray will correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

For your Winmodem, try this site for more information.  It doesn't look like
the open source Lucent Winmodem driver is very useful at the moment.
http://linmodems.org/

If you need help getting the burner working under Linux, write back to the
list.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com