VA Linux out of hardware business?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jun 28 18:31:47 PDT 2001

Penguin Computing, Dell and Compaq all sell Linux based servers.  Most of
these Linux distributions shipped with servers are customized versions of
Red Hat with additional drivers for more hardware support.

However, the latest 2.4 kernel based Red Hat 7.1 should support virtually
all normal server hardware.  Servers generally don't have win modems.  Some
RAID adapters require 3rd party drivers from vendors, and are installable
during setup with a "driver disk", just like Windows NT/2000/XP requires
driver disks for certain ATA/SCSI/RAID adapters.

Holy crap!  Have you seen VA Linux's prices now?