Off Topic: Blackbaud

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jun 27 02:44:01 PDT 2001

Is there anyone here that knows anything about Blackbaud database/accounting
software?

Here at Mid-Pacific, the administration is about to make a very hefty
financial commitment to the database/accounting platform due to an executive
decision (without regard or input from tech staff and teachers).  Many of
the faculty & staff (nearly all that are clueful) are deeply worried and
upset about this decision based upon the headaches of the people already
using the software, and several similar anecdotal accounts that they have
heard from other institutions along the lines of, "This software is pure
crap.  I hate it."

I myself have zero experience or knowledge in this area, so I am trying to
do the research in order to save the school from making a possible serious
financial and logisitical mistake.  I am looking for anybody who has had any
experience with this product and any positive or negative comments and/or
recommendations that I may pass along to our institution.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com