web-based WYSIWYG website editor?

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jun 25 19:27:43 PDT 2001

Does anybody know of any scripts/programs that will allow a person who
doesn't know HTML to create a website online?  Similar to eWebEditPro (I
think) but I'm looking for a freebie.  I have looked in hotscripts.com,
davecentral.com and phpbuilder.com but haven't found anything that fits my
needs.

I have a couple of "friends of the family" (in-laws) who want me host their
domains on my server (my wife volunteered me).  They are in real estate and
don't know a thing about computers.  I have seen this movie before and I
know what comes next - they'll want me to jump every time they want to
change anything.

What I'm looking for is a "website-in-a-can" type wizard to hold their hand,
i.e. pick your template then put your picture here, then say something about
yourself, etc. and voila, presto-website!  Similar to what network solutions
tries to sell you when you register a domain name.

Here are some scripts that I have looked at:
myPHPTool - too complicated for inexperience users
EZ Publish - overkill
myPHPPageTool - somewhat elaborate but it might do
FastSite - cannot upload your own pictures, cannot choose various templates
abarcar PageEdit - looks OK but it's only for a single page and no templates

I prefer PHP for scripting and MySQL for database support.  I might settle
for myPHPPageTool, although it may be too complicated for them. (I also
don't want to become tech support).

Any ideas will be much appreciated.  Thanks,

Nelson

P.S.  Where is the in-laws-HOW-TO ?