Divx in linux

Jan Daniel Semrau jsemrau at campus.hpu.edu
Sun Jun 24 01:19:02 PDT 2001

Rodney Kanno wrote:

>I'm running Mandrake 8.0 (sorry I didn't mention that earlier) Both
ways
>don't work in Mandrake 8.0?

 Hi haven't found out how it should work,though
The point is Mandrake has some kind of SDLlike installation
in the system, the configuration-script in fact searches for sdl-config
which is somehow not working (in my installation).
try  $locate sdl-config; and
     $which sdl-config
 so avifile is possible to compile, but without sdl-support => no
fullscreen
the xine-installation is always crashing (in my installation), because
imlib-config is not found. Although it is present and working.

I think you should try an install, maybe you are luckier than me.

Regards Dan