Postscript printers for Linux

Griffith Feeney gfeeney at gfeeney.com
Wed Jun 20 18:54:08 PDT 2001

Anybody have any experience using Lexmark PostScript printers with Linux? I
read somewhere that Lexmark makes inexpensive PostScript printers and that
the company is good about supporting Linux.

Related question. Checking the company website I find several printers that
"emulate" PostScript. Not clear to me what "emulation" means in this
context, can anyone enlighten me? I know that PostScript is a page
description language and that the printer needs to rasterize it, but what
makes one rasterization "emulated" and another "true"?