conferences

jay jay at musubi.org
Mon Jun 18 15:40:49 PDT 2001

i'm not sure how many of you are aware or are able to
attend conferences on the mainland, but if you have a
"training" budget, there are two things you might want
to take a gander at:

	Black Hat Briefings
	http://www.blackhat.com/

	Defcon
	http://www.defcon.org/

a bunch of people are going to be releasing new penetration
tools and papers at blackhat.  one of the more interesting
ones is an IP spoofing portscanner that uses dummy hosts to
portmap targets.

and defcon is always fun.

both of these take place in vegas, so if you get tired of
computer geeks, you can always lose your shirt or get pissed
drunk.

i'm definitely going to defcon, don't know if i can make BH tho.
lemme know if anyone is thinking of showing up, i'll be the drunk
japanese guy crying at the blackjack table.

=jay

------
"I did nothing, absolutely nothing.  And
 it was everything I thought it could be."