Presentations For ITEC - Submit Early!!!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jul 31 03:06:35 PDT 2001

I would like to setup the following demonstrations, although I will need
several other people at the booth for different shifts to be able to explain
and demonstrate.  I can't do it all alone.
Linux Terminal Servers & Thin Clients
Linux Firewalls and Routers
PHP & MySQL Web Applications

Ho'ala,
Are you doing Samba and qmail?

Deven,
Do you think they would be interested in a full presentation on Linux
Terminal Servers & Thin Clients?  TC's seem to be popular topics nationally
with Microsoft, Apple, and Sun with competing products.  It would be
important for Open Source to have representation on the subject.

I spoke with Darin at ITEC today and he said that the last conference they
held on the mainland had about the same attendance as this upcoming event,
and the Linux User's Group booth there had over 1,000 visitors.  We will
seriously need more resources in volunteer manpower, handouts, and Linux
CD's to hand out at the event.