PERL scripts

Brian Farnell bfarnell at gte.net
Sat Jul 28 06:14:25 PDT 2001

Dusty wrote:

> I just have a simple little perl scipt that turns all of my log files into webpages every 10 minutes.  Then every now and then I just https to my website and look at them.  Nothing too fancy and I don't have an IDS running, which I probabally should.

I am trying to learn PERL, specifically for some html creation uses,
could you email me the programs for study? As a matter of fact, ANYone
who has ANY PERL scripts that they personally have written for some
useful purpose, if you would e-mail it to me along with a description of
what it does, why you wrote it and what (if anything) it replaces, I
would greatly appreciate it.  I know the web has lots of PERL scripts
there, but I am looking for the really short, really useful scripts that
are written day to day with no fanfair and not worth publishing.
Basically, I am interested in 10-50 line 'extraction and report'
programs, not mp3 encoders or irc clients.  BTW, what is IDS?

Regards,
Brian