ALOHA and MPLUG booth at ITEC????

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri Jul 27 13:04:09 PDT 2001

Deven Phillips wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>         I just got off of the phone with Darin at ITEC, and we have been
> offered a 10'x10' booth at the ITEC conference in September. The booth
> comes unfurnished and without electricity. Here's the deal. Bill Reeder
> from IBM is going to be doing the keynote address at ITEC, and his topic
> of discussion is open-source. ITEC is trying to educate more people
> about Open-Source through the conference, and they would like us (ALL OF
> US) to do demonstrations at the expo. We may also be able to get some
> speaker time for discussions. There are drawbacks, and I will list them
> here:
>
>         We need $200 for carpet and electricity.
>         We need people to do presentations
>         We need to take some time to man the booth
>
> On the upside:
>
>         The booth itself is free
>         We are getting loaned equipment for demonstrations
>         We have a large group of people
>
> If you are interested in helping out with doing the booth September 19 -
> 20, please let me know as soon as possible. We will also be discussing
> this at the August 15th ALOHA meeting.
>
> Thanks for helping to make Linux and Open-Source such a focal point here
> in Hawaii!!!
>
> Deven Phillips, CISSP
> Network Architect
> Viata Online, Inc.
> --
> Sorry if the spelling sucks, but my laptop battery is runn....
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
##########################

Deven,

Get hold of the Personal Touch Computing guy and ask him for
a donation in exchange for us handing out his flyers and a
sign saying he is a sponsor. He knows he sells a ton of
stuff to us Unix and Linux people.

I can't make the Aloha Meeting I will be off Island But I
wish you well.
--
 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small