SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jul 26 23:24:59 PDT 2001

This is really exciting.  Congrats!

Nowadays, no one can get venture money for doing a Windows project.  (If the
project has no future, of course, no one will be interested; OTOH, if it has
a bright future, sooner or later, Microsoft is going to come in and
confiscate it.  Thus, no one will be interested.  This is worse than
Catch-22.)

While most Linux/GNU companies are not doing well at the present time, all
eyes are on Borland now.  Borland is adopting a new business model, which
appears to be quite well accepted by the Linux community (whatever that is).
Yes, there are dissenting opinions, but they are quickly overwhelmed by
approving voices.  Borland's share price has increased from about $5~6 now
about $14~16 in a couple of months.  Let's hope Borland will set a good
example of future GNU-related projects.