ALOHA and MPLUG booth at ITEC????

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jul 26 15:54:24 PDT 2001

I have thin client setups ready, with X Terminals that boot over NFS then
query XDMCP.  To show how this can be useful integrated into existing
networks, I have Windows and Mac clients who can login via VNC with a new
desktop for each connection.

I agree.  Demoing the features of OBS would be great!  Several of us should
bring some Windows 9x/NT/2000 clients to login to the Samba domain.
POP/IMAP would be a neat, and Squirrel Mail would be very attractive to many
businesses and schools.  Perhaps we could run the Postal benchmark tool to
show off the extreme performance of qmail.

Postal Benchmark Tool
http://www.coker.com.au/postal/

What do you folks think about Ganymede?  I think this would be a very
powerful demonstration to show the power of open source software.
http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/gash2/

Anyone willing to help me configure Ganymede?  I will need help from people
with the following knowledge:
LDAP setup I know NOTHING about, so I need some serious help.
Java programming
Advanced Samba stuff

For games can somebody bring a FAST Linux gaming rig with at least 256MB
RAM?  It would be cool to show Counterstrike and Starcraft running in WINE,
simultaneously in two windows on the same monitor.  This is impossible under
Windows.