ALOHA and MPLUG booth at ITEC????

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Thu Jul 26 13:44:55 PDT 2001

Hello all,

	I just got off of the phone with Darin at ITEC, and we have been
offered a 10'x10' booth at the ITEC conference in September. The booth
comes unfurnished and without electricity. Here's the deal. Bill Reeder
from IBM is going to be doing the keynote address at ITEC, and his topic
of discussion is open-source. ITEC is trying to educate more people
about Open-Source through the conference, and they would like us (ALL OF
US) to do demonstrations at the expo. We may also be able to get some
speaker time for discussions. There are drawbacks, and I will list them
here:

	We need $200 for carpet and electricity.
	We need people to do presentations
	We need to take some time to man the booth

On the upside:

	The booth itself is free
	We are getting loaned equipment for demonstrations
	We have a large group of people

If you are interested in helping out with doing the booth September 19 -
20, please let me know as soon as possible. We will also be discussing
this at the August 15th ALOHA meeting.

Thanks for helping to make Linux and Open-Source such a focal point here
in Hawaii!!!

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Network Architect
Viata Online, Inc.
--
Sorry if the spelling sucks, but my laptop battery is runn....